Benny "BMax" Mackinnon New Zealand

Learn more about our international bodyboarding community; riders, waves and news.

Moderators: meaksy, miiichael, doclach, riptideslave

Re: Benny "BMax" Mackinnon New Zealand

Postby meaksy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:48 am

Love your work Ben,
Thanks for the insight
I like waves
meaksy
Mastering Mutant, Ledging Bombies

Postby chuck white » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:03 am

Stoked for him regardless of the result. I watched his heat & many of the heats close to his were offering very few good ones in a 20 min heat. Wish him well for events in NZ & beyond in the future. Good read for sure.
Thanks to No.6 Bodyboards, Billabong USA wetsuits & apparel, Von Zipper Eyewear, NYBB

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=f ... 1311948353
chuck white
Takin' on the step at Shipsterns

Postby doclach » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:52 am

Surf Rat
If you want to see the latest posts in the forum quickly and easily, click 'view active topics' at the top of the forum in this list • View new posts • View active topics
doclach
Acid Drop into Shallow, Intense Razor Reef Barrels with Ease

Postby doclach » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:21 pm

".... I get pushed up and over the reef and into the deeper lagoon of the atoll, barely able to breathe and with an arm that can barely move. I try to stand but i can't. Dick and Squawker come in and I am pissing blood out of both my arms and hands; and my springsuit is torn to shreds. I limp back, worried that my hand may be broken, but glad that my arm isn't. I hop into the shower with a disinfected dishbrush and go to town on my cuts. Dr Squarker uses his magic antiseptic spray while i bite on a towel for 5 minutes...."

ISOmag has done a great article on Ben and his adventures. If you like reading stuff like this (and believe me it is worth it) , head to p.55 of the first issue of ISOmag's "Island diaries" and get into the fun and realities of BMax's life http://isomag.co.nz/
Surf Rat
If you want to see the latest posts in the forum quickly and easily, click 'view active topics' at the top of the forum in this list • View new posts • View active topics
doclach

Postby doclach » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:49 pm

Bodyboarding's achievements is gradually getting more standard media (by that i mean what 'normal' people read as against us who ditinctly read BB media) coverage.
Benny has again been covered in the Otago times for his recent achievement at the Greymouth comp, onya Bmax 8)
We'll be seeing Ben in Hawaii again next year now.
the article is here
http://www.odt.co.nz/sport/bodyboarding ... -mackinnon
Surf Rat
doclach

Postby doclach » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:25 pm

The lads at IsoMag regularly feature benny both in the mag and on their blog http://isomag.co.nz/blog/

BMax's latest clip is on their blog, or if this is down the track that you're reading and there is a list of posts, you can just see it here:

Surf Rat
doclach

Postby doclach » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:04 am

vid master Ed Saltau and BMax combine for this extraordinary piece:

"The novelty of surfing in the snow has now completely worn off"

Film by Edward Saltau

Footage shot by Iain Frengley and Edward Saltau.
Cameras used: Gh1, 7d and HMC-150.

Bodyboarding by Ben Mackinnon

Music:
'Pot' by The Phoenix Foundation
'Way Down' by N.A.S.A

All this footage is creative commons. Feel free to download it, tweak it and do whatever you want with it. Just do something cool. Don't sell it though.
Surf Rat
doclach

Postby meaksy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:04 pm

AAAHHHHH so sweet, loved it, Love the low angles in the first coupla mins ....make you feel like your sitting on the beach watching Damn that was a good watch. Sort of stuff that should be on the TV or bigscreen. Hows the scenery/serenity :D
I like waves
meaksy
Mastering Mutant, Ledging Bombies

Previous

Return to Internationals