i got back from narooma yesterday and back to normal qld summer days. i spent 10 days down there and didnt stop once(except for one day when we were f@ked).
Im still amazed that my skills on a motorbike havent dropped seeing as i hadnt ridden in a year. had some wicked surfs with some old mates and went pushy riding, fishing, worming, tramp-biking and catching up with other people.
- first day(tuesday) i was there woke up at 630 and surfed a little headland called yabbara in 2-3ft, which sometimes gets like a left point break.
- second day surf another little headland called carters 2ft fun, which in 15ft swell breaks like a point.
- did heaps of riding(pushy and moto) between wednesday and friday as there wasnt much swell.
- we camped friday night and saturday night at a place called dalmeny which is on the beach
, and woke up at 6 both morning to find 1ft shit
- monday our bodies were exausted and we didnt do anything except gym in the arvo.
- tuesday morning we surfed a little headland called duesburies, it was a 2-3ft shorey with a few little barrels. so funny watching the surfers get owned and go in and sit on the beach watch us get barrelled. in the arvo the swell picked up to 4-5ft so we went to yabbara and rode fast, fat waves with hectic whitewash.
- wednesday morning the swell dropped off to 2ft and was blowing southerly so we went to yabbara(it's a south facing beach, god what were we thinking), and got some sloppy waves, did some pretty sweet reverses but. on the way home we drove past dalmeny and saw a 2-3ft fat peak(bomby like) out the the back and unsatisfided with our previous go we gave it a shot. stayed out for an hour and realised it was shit. later in the day i came back to dalmeny and surfed it again on low tide which was much better and even though ive never surfed a reef, thats what i imagined a reef to be like.
flew home on thursday and extremely satisfied that i did more than i wanted to do
pretty fun ramps at carters
the peak at dalmeny, just to the left of where everyone is
some local rippers at carters
180ing a 15kg bmx
old mates at carters
im hoping to make this a yearly trip and next time go to some of the reefs ######. an old mate went to #### while i was there and had some sick waves
best thing about the trip was that i felt myself improving at reverse spins the time iwas there and i can now do them pretty consistently, and am thinking about competing, just gotta get my rolls better.